Thursday, October 1, 2009

Obsession!






I don't know what it is, but as a newbie I seem to have this ongoing obsession with those women out there who started out with short sisterlocks. Yea, Yea, I know they will grow. But I really be into their blogs looking at every step of their process. lol. I guess that is just part of my growing process. That's not to say I don't look at the tons of women who started out long...its just..inspiration of sorts for me.
Anywho...in other news, I am due for a retightening on Oct. 9th. Im not as anxious seeing that my loctician had to "fix" a few of my locs last week. I do have some slippage going on, and my babies are starting to do what they feel like doing. I have like three different textures in my head. The top is still permed. It doesn't want to leave!!!! The back is soft and curly, and everywhere in the middle has its own identity. I haven' t really put anything on my hair out of fear of more slippage, but I did put a little olive oil on it because it felt really dry after a wash one day. FOr the most part the itch has subsided (thank the Lord) and I have been taking it easy lately with the styling. Sometimes I roll it, but most days I just wet and go! Gotta love it. Thats' all for now. Lets see what month 2 holds. See ya soon!

6 comments:

Kay exquisite said...

ohh your locks are so cute and I totally understand the obsession I was the same way when I just got locked and to an extent I'm still the same way, until I get some length the longer locks are just for motivation to keep going! :-)

Felicia said...

This is so normal. I have been sisterlocked for 7 months now and still obsess over them, only not as much. My locktician told me that you don't grow locks, they grow you. Enjoy the journey. Motivate yourself to continue by remembering the reason that you got sisterlocks in the first place or the person that you saw with locks that made you want them. You are going to be just fine!!!

JUST Euphoria said...

Thanks for dropping by your locks are cute & I to look in the mirror & say when will U grow, but every one around says your hair is growing, I try to keep my mind focused on other things and let the growth sneak up on me :)

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

Thank you all soo much for the inspiration...I am overdue for a retightening, so we will see how my babies have progressed this weekend! thanks again you guys!

Nappilima said...

You are definitely inspiring to me with the shorter hair. I plan to have my installation in January and have been wondering how I will wear my shorter style.

Nicki said...

I live in the Detroit area also and started my locks with about 1.5to 2 inches of hair (i had my consultant cut of my 8 inches of permed hair at my install 7/09). It was a shocker!! Ur hair is too cute. What color perm rods do u use. I've been wanting to try to curl them now, but didn't think it would work. natenick213@yahoo.com