Friday, September 25, 2009

Month 1!











I cannot believe it has been a month already. Some of the things I have experienced this month have been quite different. My hair is still changing. I have a lot of itch going on, but not as much as when I first started. I love being able to just put water on my hair and just go. I went to see my locktician on Wednesday because a lot of my locks at the top slipped (because it is permed, dumb decision when i wanted a weave to look good back in May...now it doesn't want to leave :( ) and she told me I may be putting too much water on them. It is killing me that I cannot put anything on them, because they feel dry at times. I don't know, but I trust her and she obviously knows what she is doing so I'm all ears. I keep driving my sister crazy asking her should I wear them for everyone to see. Lol. She likes them, and says I shouldn't be scared of how I will be received, because as long as I love them what else matters right? Every time I go to my moms house he immediately starts to fiddle around in my hair. She likes them and can't believe how long they actually are (my hair shrinks up a lot unless its straightened which i refuse to do, absolutely refuse to use curlers, I feel they take away from my babies) I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but I was tripping out for a while, thinking what did I do? I really paid this much money to get my hair like this? Then I started having these weird dreams that someone had permed my hair and I got really frantic because I was trying to get locks and i just knew this perm wouldn't grow up. I have had that dream at least twice. smh. I just wake up glad that it was a dream and run and look and mirror and smile at my babies. I guess you can in a sense call it postpartum anxiety. I'm definitely learning a lot of patience that's for sure. I think a lot about them and wonder how they will look next month at 6 months and at a year. But only time will tell. Well that's it for today. Ttyl8r! I'm so excited to watch them mature... *_*

6 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

Welcome to the SL family I hope you enjoy your locks as much as I have & your locks have really filled in pretty fast.

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

It seems like when I look at them they are the same...I play in my babies all day...talk about obsessed! thnks

IvyLeague said...

Thanks for showing my blog some love. My motivation for cutting them was that I know my SL will be even more exciting. It was 7 years and I feel like I'm moving on to bigger (actually smaller) and better things! LOL

IvyLeague said...

Oh yeah! Your hair is coming along nicely! Before you know it, it will be long and flowing!

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

Im finding myself gaining more patience in the process. I almost went the traditional way...but something about sisterlocks was just calling me! Im gonna be on the lookout for you girl!

Miss Kat said...

Gr8 progress! I don't have sisterlocs but i've learned to find beauty in all locs. Do what works for you! :-D