Monday, September 14, 2009

My Reasoning...
















I think maybe I should go ahead and just get it all out. I'm saying this so that everyone can understand my reasoning for getting sisterlocks. I have been asked this question over a hundred times in the past three weeks and it more than just a hairdo for me. I used to be the girl the changed her hair every five minutes since about 5th grade. Growing up I was always teased for having short hair. As I got older I became accustomed to doing my own hair and it has been that way ever since. I may have spent in excess of $30,000 dollars on my hair. After seeing a girl with sisterlocks last year I fell in love. I knew I had to grow that perm out!
Anyway thats that. Will I be cutting them out, naw. Why would I do that. This is a dedication for me. At first I was worried if they would grow, but I see that is the least of my worries now. I will posting more pics of some of the things I have been doing with my babies. I can feel them starting to change. Last night I did a small bantu knot with my babies and I have some small curls that didn't turn out half bad. I was washing my hair more frequently than I should have but that was because the itch was soo unbearable! Since doing an ACV rinse I feel better. Its not that bad anymore. Today is the first day I wore my babies to work without having them covered. I feel great. Its the real me and I really love it! Let me know what you guys think! Ciao!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAAh, i remember those days!! Your hair looks great!

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

U think so! Thanks so much! I am still ajusting.... But I love my babies.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bottom photograph of you looking down!

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

Thanks so much!

Gigglz said...

Congratulations!! Its a lifestyle change, not only a hairstyle. You will start seeing yourself change for the better as well!!

Miss Kat said...

Congratulations in deed!! Change is always a little spooky in the beginning but a few months from now, u'll know that it was one of the best decisions you've made. And you look great!