Wednesday, September 29, 2010

13 months in....

Okay these are my thoughts on being thirteen months...
I am finally getting that itch to do something drastically different to my hair... I told myself when I started that I would never ever color my locks because my hair is so funny acting, and I fear breakage. They really need some special attention...For the past weeks I have been covering them because standing in the mirror at seven months is just not in my plans...needless to say I haven't ordered my lock loops or soft spikes yet =( This has been me the past week....




This was the braidout I attempted...





I have been thinking of getting my locks extended know that I am settled in and locked...I don't want anything long..Honestly just and inch..maybe two tops. But I am feeling like I stopped wearing extensions or anything in my hair because I didnt feel it was me...I do think it will make me a little happier and give me a little more versatility...What do you think? Anyone out there have loc extensions or have tried them? If so what was your experience? Thanks...

3 comments:

Mrs Mac's Corner... said...

Hi hun at the risk of getting shouted down, I once had locs with extensions, at the time I really liked them, but it wasnt my time to lock so i took them down, hence my new journey. You will find good and bad reviews regarding adding length but at the end of the day it is your hair and you can do what you want with it. I believe that if a person wants to add length then you do what makes you happy and feel comfortable. You will find that many wont comment on this atall and i think it is a shame because not everyones journey is the same and what might be for one might not be for all. Girl, do you, you are beautiful as you are and i am sure you will still be beautiful if you decide to extend! What about adding colour if you decide to extend eg. add the extensions in a different colour? just a thought but also remember to seek professional advice as to whether your scalp can tolerate the added weight and not damage your locs should you decide to keep them or take them down. On my blog, check out LOCSTORY who I am following x

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I have been tempted to add a bit of length too.If I could find extensions that looked 'natural' I probably would have done it.Whatever you decide,you know you've at least got 2 readers who're behind you not matter what you do ;)

motiv8ed4trubeauty said...

Awwww thanks you guys!!!!!